CMH Multan is 600 beds multispeciality, well established, tertiary care hospital. The hospital was established in 1879 as a 100-bedded hospital near Multan airport area. Hospital comprised of British and Indian Wings. British Red Cross Society took over administration for about a year before independence. It shifted to present location in 1947-48 while British wing rounded up later.
In 1958, bed strength of the hospital was increased to 200 beds and doubled to 400 beds in 1965. Hosp was upgraded to 600 bedded in 1983.
There has been a significant increase in the covered area of the hospital on gradual addition of new departments. The major additions are as under: –
|a.||Officer ward, officers family ward, surgical ward
Rehab Medicine Department, X-ray lab and OT
|b.||JCOs/sldrs Family wing, AFNS officers mess||1973|
|d.||Spec OPD (Ground Floor)||1984|
|g.||Child OPD and child nursery||2000|
|h.||Spec OPD (first floor)||2001|
|j.||AFNS Nursing School||2007|
|m.||OPD Complex, CCU, Trauma, MRC 2010||2010|
Indoor Workload/Hospital Admission
Total admissions and daily average are as under: –
OPDs attendance and daily average attendance for the year 2014 and a brief detail of workload is as under:-